Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS)
体育投注在线The Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS) Department is an integrated, multi-tiered system of instruction, assessment and intervention designed to meet the achievement and behavioral needs of all students in Cicero District 99.
The MTSS Department creates a structure for the delivery of high-quality instruction for all students, and, when needed, provides additional supports and interventions varying in intensity. The department operates off of an instructional delivery model where data are used to monitor students' response to instruction and interventions to ensure student success.
体育投注在线To have a full understanding of an MTSS framework, it is also important to understand what MTSS is not.
MTSS framework is not a particular curriculum or program
- In fact, a comprehensive MTSS framework incorporates a variety of evidence-based curricula, programs, strategies and supports that are tailored to the academic and behavioral needs of students at each tier or level of support.
The framework is not a "jump through the hoops" program in order for a student to receive special education services, nor is it something to do to keep a student out of special education services
- When students are suspected of having a disability, federal and state law requires that school districts initiate a case study evaluation to determine that student's eligibility for special education.
MTSS is not a "stand-alone" practice in reference to other key educational practices such as the PLC, Common Core or Danielson Framework
- Rather, MTSS is the instructional service delivery system, or framework, in which these and other major educational initiatives are embedded.
1. Give students the ability to learn and make progress towards academic and social/emotional standards given the right supports. Students' needs are met to access the core curriculum in the least restrictive environment.
2. 体育投注在线Ensure a robust Universal Tier 1 through differentiated academic instruction, evidence-based curriculum, with social/emotional and behavioral supports available to all students.
3. 体育投注在线Implement a balanced assessment system provided to all students. Allow for effective data based decisions, interventions aligned with evidence-based practices, which are implemented with fidelity and a fluid based decision making process which considers the language, cultural and socioeconomic diversity of students.
4. 体育投注在线Provide ongoing professional development driven by the PLC to address all aspects of instruction to ensure student progress and success. Professional development will define the clear expectations for procedures within the district.
5. Utilize the PLC process to support students holistically through instruction, assessment and analysis of results and implementation of supports based on what students need in order to support student strengths across the learning environment to achieve consistent student growth as we ignite the road to excellence and success.
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR SUPPORTS (PBS)
PBS is a school wide system for creating proactive strategies for defining, teaching, and supporting student behaviors. It allows for a continuum of positive behavioral support for all students in the classroom and non-classroom settings. Compromising of a range of systematic, individualized and research based practices and interventions for achieving social and academic goals while preventing problem behaviors. Utilizing a proactive systems approach for establishing and maintaining safe and efficient learning environment.
The MTSS process is a general education initiative focused on early intervention and prevention process with the goal being to reduce academic and behavioral gaps in achievement by intervening before the gap becomes too great to close during core instruction
IMPROVING STUDENT BEHAVIOR, TRANSFORMING SCHOOL CULTURE
HERO encourages positive student behavior choices. When students demonstrate HERO behaviors, they may earn points toward exciting incentives!
Behavior and academics are two sides of the same coin. We need to better understand how the two are connected.
We educate the whole child!